We can’t wait to welcome our students “back home” on August 7 (K3-2nd) and August 10 (3rd-12th)!
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
Health + Wellbeing | Overview
The health and wellness of our students and families is our top priority. Enhanced campus health measures include:
> Maintaining our normal small class sizes (NCCS schoolwide student-to-teacher average is 11:1).
> Providing alternate plans for lunch and chapel, with socially distanced options.
> Utilizing the full scope of our 50-plus acre campus, including unique outdoor learning spaces.
> Following all GHSA guidelines for athletic activities.
> Implementing enhanced sanitation + health-risk mitigation, including but not limited to:
- Increased hand sanitizer stations.
- Regular disinfection of campus + buses with an EPA-approved, safe, hydrostatic sprayer.
- Daily cleaning of high-frequency areas.
- Frequent cleaning of multiple-use spaces, such as the gym and cafeterias.
- Optimization of touch-free equipment in restrooms where possible.
- Water-bottle fillers added on all floors (water-fountain mouthpieces disconnected).
- Expanded health services training + staffing, including establishing a separate clinic space for students exhibiting coronavirus symptoms during the school day.
- Expanded facilities training + staffing.
- Masks can be worn optionally (not required). NCCS masks will be provided to all faculty and staff for use as needed; masks will also be available in the school store.
Teaching + Learning | Three Levels
Teaching and learning plans fully detailed by division will be released the week of July 7. Preparations are in place for three learning scenarios: Green (low risk), Yellow (moderate risk), and Red (high risk).
Green allows for safety-conscious on-campus learning. Yellow entails a hybrid of on-campus and at-home learning, and Red encompasses virtual learning. At this time, NCCS plans to begin school in August at level Green, with safety precautions in place.
During all levels, NCCS will release safe, on-campus options for our younger students, as well as for students whose parents both work outside of the home.
A virtual option (via high-quality, portable instructional cameras) will also be available at all times for families who prefer virtual learning for health/safety reasons; full policies for utilizing virtual learning will be released in July.
We Are Family | Full plans coming the week of July 7
As with all plans and decisions at NCCS, we seek to honor God as we fully support the needs of our unique and diverse learners and families. We love you, NCCS Family! We truly cannot wait to be “back home” together in August!